Recently there have been a number of widely publicised changes to the way in which private information is handled by companies in Australia.
Reasons to Follow Privacy Guidelines
As a virtual professional, your small business obviously relies on customers. One of the most effective means of establishing and maintaining that trust is through the strict adherence to the kind of privacy guidelines your customers are going to demand of you. It is crucial to appreciate the idea that such guidelines will serve as the foundation of your credibility, in addition to exceptional customer service, and fantastic products/services.
Building Credibility and Trust With Clients
With more and more instances of identity theft, consumers are struggling to even trust major online retailers like Amazon. For a virtual professional like yourself, this fact means that establishing your credibility is more challenging now than ever before. However, by understanding the current APP guidelines, as well as how they were meant to replace the NPP guidelines, things can become a good deal more straightforward.
Creating accountable guidelines can go a long way towards facilitating trust between yourself and your customers. When customers come to you for your goods and services, privacy guidelines should accomplish the following:
- The items of personal information that are being collected.
- Whether or not sensitive information is being taken.
- Whether or not the personal information is going to be shared with 3rd parties.
- Whether or not the information is going to be shared with parties in other countries.
- The ways in which the information will be utilized.
- The ways in which the information with be stored and managed.
- Whether or not the personal information can be accessed and changed. If the answer is yes, then how will the client be able to do these things?
- How the consumer can make a complaint regarding their privacy.
- Also other things to consider;
- Protecting client information
- Protecting your Brand and Business
- Benefits of opt-in and registering as a APP partner
By Deb Shepherd – Learn By Degrees